UNC Optional Retirement Program (ORP)
The University of North Carolina Optional Retirement Program (ORP) is an option or alternative to the North Carolina Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System (TSERS) for faculty and staff. Under the ORP, you control your investment choices, distribution methods, and retirement goals, whereas the State controls the investments under TSERS.
The University has authorized two companies to offer investment products under the ORP: Fidelity Investments and TIAA. For more information about the authorized companies or their products, including investment options, services and fees, you should review the information on this website, as well as contact a company representative.
Optional Retirement Program Information
ORP Carrier Websites
- 200.4 Assessment Process for the Chief Executive and Governing Boards of The University of North Carolina
- 200.4.2[G] Guidance for Fourth Year Comprehensive Performance Review of the Chancellor
- 200.8 Policy on Chancellor Searches; Board of Governors Participation
- 300.1.2 Evaluation of Positions for Designation As Senior Academic and Administrative Officer
- 300.1.5 Occupation of Official Residences of the Chancellors and the President
- 300.1.6 Policy on Administrative Separation and/or Retreat to a Faculty Position
- 300.1.6[R] Regulation on Administrative Separation
- 300.1.6.1 Policy on Administrative Separation
- 300.1.6.2 Administrative Separation of the President and Chancellors