UNC Code Section 457(b) Plan
The University of North Carolina offers a voluntary 457(b) retirement plan. Fidelity and TIAA are the approved vendors with a wide range of services and investment options.
457(b) Plan Enrollment
Complete the Deferral Agreement form, print a copy, sign it, and send it to your institution’s HR/Benefits office.
Remember, you must submit the completed form to your institution’s HR/Benefits office before any contributions can be accepted into your account.
To calculate the amount you may be eligible to contribute for the current year, please use the Contributor Calculator sponsored by Fidelity Investments. Keep in mind that the plan has a “Normal Retirement Age” of 59 1/2 years of age, so to be eligible for the “twice the normal limit amount,” you must be at least 56 1/2 years of age and not older than 59 1/2 years of age.
You can enroll in the program and select investments through Fidelity or TIAA by following the links below to the 457(b) provider’s online enrollment web site.
- (1) GS_116-14
- (2) UNC Policy 300.1.1
- (3) UNC Policy 200.6
- (4) Leadership Hiring Process Overview
- (5) Sample Position Description
- (6) Sample Position Profile
- (7) Sample Ad Plan
- (8) Sample Timeline
- (9) GS_126-27
- (10) GS_132-1
- (11) GS_126-22
- (12) UNC Policy 300.4.2
- (13) Sample On-site Interview Agenda
- (14) UNC Reg 300.2.7[R]
- (15) Sample Candidate Rating Sheet
- (16) EEO Guidelines for Interviewing
- (17) Behavioral-Based Interviewing Guidelines
- (18) Sample Interview Questions
- (19) Sample Reference Form
- (20) New Employee Relocation Expense Reimbursement Procedures
- (21) Appointment Letter Template
- (22) Terms & Conditions Template