Registration is now open for the upcoming Public Employment Law Update, with sessions in both Chapel Hill and Asheville on May 10.
This course provides an in-depth analysis of current issues in public employment law and an overview of the previous year’s developments. The Public Employment Law Update is open to employees of North Carolina state and local governments and affiliated organizations who have responsibilities for human resource functions. The agenda is still under development, but the following tentative topics are listed:
- Case Law Update, Part 1: Employment Law in the Federal Courts
- The Retirement System’s Pension-Capping Law and Regulations and the Litigation It Has Spawned
- Recent Developments in Sexual Orientation and Transgender Status Discrimination
- Case Law Update Part 2: A Few State Law Cases and One 4th Cir. Case: Cannon v. Bald Head Island
- Panel on CBD Oil and Employee Drug-Testing
- The New (Again) Proposed New Overtime and Regular Rate Regulations
Please pass this registration information along to your staff as appropriate.
Sent from Kathy Bryant