System Office Employee Engagement
“BRINGING EMPLOYEES SUBSTANTIVELY AND SOCIALLY TOGETHER”
The BESST committee include representatives from each division of the UNC System Office. The group promotes internal engagement for increased workplace satisfaction and productivity across four areas:
- Rewards and Recognition
- Collegiality (with or without food, but usually with)
- Community Service
- Organizational Communication
The BESST Team kicked off in 2017 and has sponsored quite a few programs already:
- Staff interest survey
- Staff Appreciation Night at the Durham Bulls Ballpark
- Food Trucks onsite for lunch
- Social Lunch-n-Learns to discuss travel and holidays
- Adopt-A-Family donations for the holidays
- Staff BBQ
- Contributions to System Office town halls and newsletters
Keep watching for informational emails about upcoming activities and check the Calendar of Events (under “All Events Tags” select “UNC System Office Staff”) to filter to System Office activities.
To share your ideas, feel free to contact Chris Chiron or any of the BESST team members: Akura Anderson, Joyce Boni, Eric Fotheringham, Debbie Fox, Samantha Hargrove, Laura Kieler, Collin Mayer, Tenika McMillan, Bethany Meighen, Jo Ann Reeves, Robby Terry, Kathy Bryant and Neeta Gropper.
See recent issues of the UNC System News, an e-newsletter for UNC System Office employees.